[Deploying Sakai] I want to place sakai.properties outside my Web Server

Sri Kota srini07 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 09:03:04 PST 2010

Hello Folks,
I have successfully build and deployed Sakai 2.6.2 on a windows box. To
place the sakai.properties file outside Tomcat, I did the following:

Appended the following to my JAVA_OPTS environment variable:

-Dsakai.home=\path\to\desired\sakai\home

However, this file is not read. Also, a folder named 'sakai' is
created/updated in my Tomcat install directory everytime I startup Tomcat.

How can I tell Tomcat that I want the 'sakai' home directory outside of it?

Thanks,
Sri
--
- Sri