[Deploying Sakai] Database vs. Filesystem

Drew Blessing drew.blessing at esu16.org
Sun Jun 20 19:19:52 PDT 2010

I am considering storing content on the filesystem instead of in the database.  Can anyone provide some pros and cons with doing so?  I am imagining that management would be easier if the files were logically stored on the filesystem.  I could conceivably navigate to a user's workspace folder and see the files stored there.  These possibilities would be very nice if/when we have a question as to the content a user is storing.

Thanks!