[Deploying Sakai] Password reset

Sri Kota srini07 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 12:34:35 PDT 2010

Cool, this works fine. However, it still displays the message:

"This password service is only available for guest users on <ui.service>"

I do see that this is thrown up as HTML content. From where (which file) is
this message originating from? How can I change this message appropriately?

Thanks,
-Sri

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 6:55 AM, Matthew Buckett <
matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 7 June 2010 22:44, Abdul khader <akhader at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear All,
> > We have a setup of sakai 2.6.2. The option we are looking for is that,
> sakai
> > should be able to reset the user's password in case the user forgets it.
> > know that there is an option of reset-password. But there is a limitation
> > it. This can only reset the password for guest accounts.
> > I would be really interested to know how we can setup sakai to allow all
> the
> > users, irrespective of user type to be able to reset their passwords.
>
> In your sakai.properties list the roles that can use the password
> reset tool in a similar way to this:
>
> # Control who can use the password reset tool.
> resetRoles.count=2
> resetRoles.1=guest
> resetRoles.2=external
>
> --
>  Matthew Buckett
>  VLE Developer, LTG, Oxford University Computing Services

- Sri
Sarvē Janā Sukhinō Bhavantu