[Deploying Sakai] Authentication is required (sending outgoing email when adding a user to a site)

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Wed Jun 16 23:51:00 PDT 2010

Hello,

smtp authentication was not added until 2.7 [1]. I don't know of any attempt
to backport it to 2.6 but it would require a custom kernel build if you'd
needed it in an older version. Your options are to use an smtp server that
doesn't require authentication, backport the feature and do a custom build
or upgrade to 2.7.

[1] http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-253.