[Deploying Sakai] Cannot receive mail notifications (Re-open)

Lee Evan Jimenez saga_cebu at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 15 20:29:38 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

The outgoing email functionality is working in my local Sakai instance. (smtp at ..EmailService=mail.abc.com, serverName=localhost)

But when in the production Sakai (smtp at ..EmailService=mail.abc.com, serverName=cle.abc.com), I get a SendFailedException:
nested exception is:
    class javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses;
  nested exception is:
    class javax.mail.SendFailedException: 550 authentication required

Is this caused by the server setting beyond the scope of Sakai?
Or is there a property in Sakai to bypass authentication? much like samigo.smtp.bypassAuth property..

Thanks,
-Evan