[Deploying Sakai] JVM tuning changes for 1.5 > 1.6

Yzelle, Sonette SYzelle at unisa.ac.za
Wed Jul 21 01:33:42 PDT 2010

This message (and attachments) is subject to restrictions and a disclaimer. Please refer to http://www.unisa.ac.za/disclaimer for full details.

Hi Stephen,

We are on Sakai 2.6.2, on production we are still using Java 1.5.
Locally I recently changed my Java to 1.6 and the I experienced Memory errors (OutOfMemory Permgen space).
I had to alter my JAVA_OPTS to prevent the memory error. (-Xms256m -Xmx1024m -XX:PermSize=64m -XX:MaxPermSize=1024m)

I was wondering why but now seeing your e-mail java 1.6 might be causing it?

Regards
Sonette

Sonette Yzelle
Analyst Developer