[Deploying Sakai] Suggestions: Sakai change control list

David Horwitz david.horwitz at uct.ac.za
Sat Jul 10 06:04:44 PDT 2010

  Hi all,

This was a suggestion I made at the closing project planing meeting in
Denver after chatting to Rutgers and their upgrade experience:

We establish a change control list for Sakai. This would be a low volume
alert list to warn adopters of potentially disruptive changes.  The list
would be public read but have limited posting rights. Initially I would
suggest the following have posting rights:

- Maintenance Team
- Kernel Team
- Nakamura team
- Core project teams.

The sort of things I envision being sent to the list include:
- Changes to public API's
- Changes in name or default for properties
- Changes in maven group or artifact names

Any objections to asking for this list to be created?

Regards

David