[Deploying Sakai] (no subject)

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 04:18:02 PST 2010

Hi Satish,

Ok great work!

I believe this error:
caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
javax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest

is due to the earlier message:
java.net.BindException: Address already in use:8080

which means 8080 already has something listening on it.

So, issue a 'killall java' if that is safe for you, or find the process ID
of the java process and kill it (kill -9 12345) and start Tomcat up again.

cheers,
Steve