[Deploying Sakai] Adding list of users: API needed?

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Thu Jan 14 16:25:05 PST 2010

Hi Matthew

The easiest way is to probably use sakai web services.
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/WEBSVCS/How+to+use+the+Sakai+Web+Services

I just checked in a script that I'd used written in javascript (rhino) that
would do basically what you're asking. You can use it as an example, or use
another language if you prefer to do some scripting against Sakai.

svn co
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/msub/umich.edu/ctools/builds/trunk/tools/sakaiscript/

The script is called rhino/adduser.js, there is some useful text in there.
You have to configure your admin username, server, and users file. Allow
access to web services (in 2.6) then edit the users file (its a csv). Then
you can execute run.sh.

I think the confluence docs were a little out of date so I'll look to adding
some of this information to there. Cool functions in that sakaiscript
though.

-Matthew