[Deploying Sakai] FW: i cant remember my old admin password and now i cant access my sakai site help

Yamel Yusef Dajlala Spingler yamel_30 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 15 17:01:05 PST 2010

Tanks Steve

Problem solved

Subject: Re: [Deploying Sakai] i cant remember my old admin password and now i cant access my sakai site help
From: steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 10:22:53 +1100
CC: production at collab.sakaiproject.org
To: yamel_30 at hotmail.com

Hi,
You can do this a few ways. If you have another user that has access to the Admin Workspace, you can change the password that way, or if you have access to the database you can change it in the SAKAI_USER table. You can set it back to the original value if you find the value that Sakai inserts in that table on initial startup. Here's a post about it from a few years back:
------one way (probably the wrong way) might be to restore the original
password: look for the original SQL stuff -- the docs that create the
database originally, and restore the admin password accordingly, which
would be an encoded form of 'admin'.

the table is SAKAI_USER and the password field is PW, so maybe you can
find it like this:

$ grep -rl SAKAI_USER . | xargs grep -i PW | pager -S

there i found:

./sakai/db/sakai.db.script:INSERT INTO SAKAI_USER
VALUES ('admin','','','Sakai','Administrator','','ISMvKXpXpadDiUoOSoAf','admi n','admin','2006-03-16
11:17:51.303','2006-03-16 11:17:51.303')

so if you

update SAKAI_USER
set PW='ISMvKXpXpadDiUoOSoAf'
where USER_ID='admin'

you should, in theory, be back to admin password 'admin'. or at least
that's how it looks on our implementation here.

in theory. after you back up your database. don't try this at home.
use at your own risk. your mileage may vary. hope nothing else breaks.
not available in all areas. restrictions apply.
---------

On 16/02/2010, at 7:27 AM, Yamel Yusef Dajlala Spingler wrote:Hi there guys, i need help, i need to reset my admin password the thing is i dont remember it

There is some way to do this, please help.

¿Perdido entre tantos correos? Enciende tu hotness con Hotmail _______________________________________________
production mailing list
production at collab.sakaiproject.org