[Deploying Sakai] Grouping tools as rSmart does

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Wed Feb 10 19:04:25 PST 2010

This is called the xsl-portal and in the osp directory.
(osp/xsltcharon) Some universities appear to be using it (was searching on
it). I'm not entirely sure by what you lose if you decide to use it, but
give it a shot. At Michigan, we have also been investigating bringing this
type of functionality (better tool organization) into the base portal.
(possibly for 2.8) This is something Sakai3 has from the start.

Here is some information on the properties you need to set to switch. I
can't seem to find any great documentation on how to customize this though.

http://n2.nabble.com/Building-Sakai-Portals-and-transactions-tt3987046.html#a3998866
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai-dev/2009-May/001612.html