[Deploying Sakai] LDAP connection question

Mike De Simone michael.desimone at rsmart.com
Mon Dec 6 16:34:05 PST 2010

Hi Bruce,

When going across the internet, using SSL to encrypt the traffic is highly
recommended.  I use the SSLPoke program available here to test SSL is
functioning:
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Connecting+to+SSL+services

Prior to that, I validate basic connectivity (i.e., firewall is open) by
using a simple telnet command from the sakai server to the ldap machine.

Both of these tests are performed outside of Sakai, as Steve is
recommending, prior to integrating into Sakai.

Thanks,

Mike DeSimone
Lead Systems Engineer
*r**Smart* | 602-490-0473