[Deploying Sakai] database load

Berg, Alan A.M.Berg at uva.nl
Thu Dec 2 03:39:25 PST 2010

Hi all,

Chris Kretler is the QA lead for performance for 2.8.  The Columbia QA server is under constant low level load and the results are going to be regularly analyzed.  If anyone wishes to preemptively involve themselves in the 2.8 QA cycle please make contact.

Chuck, have you got any usage stats. For example, if you add a valve in the tomcat server.xml you can get response times.

                    directory="logs"
                    pattern='%h %l %u %t "%r" %s %b "%{User-Agent}i" %T'
                    prefix="localhost_access_log." resolveHosts="false" suffix=".txt"/>

I would advise looking at the slower tools to begin with, the MySQL slow  query logs and the cache hit rates. Please Jira any defects found.

Alan

Alan Berg
QA Director - The Sakai Foundation

Senior Developer / Quality Assurance