[Deploying Sakai] Most hassle-free Linux distribution for 2.7.x?

Warwick Chapman warwickchapman at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 00:01:54 PDT 2010

Harish

Please see my post of a few days ago detailing the deployment of Sakai 2.7
on Debian Lenny 5.0.

I think whether Debian or CentOS, you will have chosen a stable, tested
server OS and the difference really boils down to rpms ve db preferences and
the like.

I must, however, echo the sentiments of those who mentioned using Tomcat and
Maven as supplied by Apache instead of packaged versions.  One point to note
is that with each new deployment of Sakai (ie. when you build a new version
or adjust your build) deploy using a fresh copy of Tomcat and copy any
customisations (themes, html files, images) as part of the deployment
process.

-- Warwick Bruce Chapman | +27 83 7797 094 | http://warwickchapman.com