[Deploying Sakai] Load balancing and sticky sessions

rpaditya at umich.edu rpaditya at umich.edu
Tue Apr 13 19:43:17 PDT 2010

> On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 16:31:49 -0400, Dave Ross <dave.ross at gmail.com> said:
> Again - why not use cookie based persistence?

FWIW, we've used cookie based persistence at Umich.edu for 4 years now
and it has worked very well (we fall-back to source IP in cases of
clients that can't do cookies like some WebDAV clients)

One reason I can think of why cookie persistence is sometimes a
challenge is that you have to do SSL offload on the load-balancer to
insert a cookie.

Adi