[Deploying Sakai] New Installation - Can't Login as Admin

Steve Selby Steve_Selby at bonfils.org
Wed Sep 23 12:29:18 PDT 2009

I've installed Sakai on a local server and everything seems to be working
fine, but I can't login with admin/admin.  I've tried both HSQLDB and Oracle
databases.  I can create a new user from the "New Account" link and the
accounts show up in the sakai_users table with a hashed password value in the
pw field, but once I log out, I can't login.

Any ideas?

Environment:

Windows Server 2003R2

Tomcat 5.5.28

JDK 1.5.0_21

Maven 2.2.1

Thanks!

Steve Selby

Director of Information Technology

Bonfils Blood Center

717 Yosemite Street

Denver, CO 80230-6918

Direct: 303-363-2296

www.bonfils.org <http://www.bonfils.org/>

Advancing Healthcare.  Saving Lives.

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information and must be protected in accordance with those provisions.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.