[Deploying Sakai] Install issues Sakai 2.6 - Centos 5 - Tomcat 5.5.28 - MYSQL Database Missing Tables and rename issues on Tomcat Startup

Robert Stojkovic robert.stojkovic at io-consulting.com
Mon Sep 21 11:41:30 PDT 2009

Hi All

I am in need of some direction. I am working on installing an
environment of Sakai 2.6

Mu Environment is as follows

OS: Centos 5

DB: MYSQL 5.04

Tomcat: 5.5.28 - New install

Maven: 2.06

Sakai - Source:

I have read setup and install documentation on the Sakai Project.

I setup my configurations in sakai properties file

I did Maven Clean Install

I did Maven Sakai:Deploy

When I startup Tomcat the catalina.out log shows sql error for renames
of tables.

WARN main
org.sakaiproject.springframework.orm.hibernate.AddableSessionFactoryBean
- Unsuccessful schema statement: alter table ASN_AP_ITEM_T add index
FK514CEE15935EEE07 (ID), add constraint FK514CEE15935EEE07 foreign key
(ID) references ASN_SUP_ITEM_T (ID)

java.sql.SQLException: Error on rename of './sakai/asn_ap_item_t' to
'./sakai/#sql2-93b-1b' (errno: -1)

When I do Tomcat startup again, log shows that tables are missing

WARN main org.sakaiproject.db.impl.BasicSqlService - Sql.dbRead: sql:
select
SAKAI_USER.USER_ID,SAKAI_USER.EMAIL,SAKAI_USER.EMAIL_LC,SAKAI_USER.FIRST
_NAME,SAKAI_USER.LAST_NAME,SAKAI_USER.TYPE,SAKAI_USER.PW,SAKAI_USER.CREA
TEDBY,SAKAI_USER.MODIFIEDBY,SAKAI_USER.CREATEDON,SAKAI_USER.MODIFIEDON
from SAKAI_USER where ( USER_ID = ? ) admin

com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table
'sakai.sakai_user' doesn't exist

Total Tables after first Tomcat is 194.

Any guidance would be great.

Thanks

Robert Stojkovic
robert.stojkovic at io-consulting.com

visit our website www.io-consulting.com <http://www.io-consulting.com/>

(877) 656-6603 x3102
Providing Rocking Innovative Collaboration Every Day