[Deploying Sakai] Recent changes to Columbia's Sakai installation

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Tue Sep 1 10:21:03 PDT 2009

Hello everyone,

On Saturday, August 15, Columbia upgraded its long-running Sakai
installation to a very recent version of the 2.5.x maintenance
branch for the upcoming Fall semester. We are also using the
post_2-5 branch of the Polls tool and Mailsender (1.4 branch).

In addition, we completed a long-awaited conversion to a UTF-8
character set for our production database in June.

For more detailed information, please feel free to contact me
directly.

Seth