[Deploying Sakai] Using Jira for user support issues

Kevin Chan kevin at media.berkeley.edu
Thu Oct 15 08:07:25 PDT 2009

Hi David,

We, at UC Berkeley, have been using Jira to track user support requests
since September of 2006 and it has been working pretty well.

FYI, if your support staff sends out the email with the Key number (ie
SAK-xxxxx) in the subject of the email, when the user replies to that
email (our staff sends out support request with the From field as the
Jira email alias to ensure that the reply goes back into the system),
the message is automatically attached to the keyed issue in the comments
section.

We have a pretty basic notification scheme (basically the assignee is
the person that gets email unless there are watchers), but I can see a
scenario where all team members might receive an email when an issue is
created and/or commented...if they don't mind the massive influx of
emails. This is the project that has by far the most tickets...15768 as
of this morning, though some are not directly support issues.

--
  Kevin Chan

  Operations Team
  Educational Technology Services