[Deploying Sakai] LDAP Integration Step by Step Guide

Ishtiaq Ahmad organic.ishtiaq at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 06:39:40 PDT 2009

Hi Steve,

I am still unable to authenticate the user from LDAP.

I have run the following scenarios.

*1. User:* admin    : this user exist in both sakai and ldap
*password in sakai:* admin
*password in LDAP: *1234

sakai is authenticating the user with sakai password

*2. User:* Salman : this user exist only in LDAP

*password in LDAP:* 123

sakai is unable to authenticate the user from ldap

*Note*: I can login with this user name (Salman) on ldap directory domain
but not from sakai.

Is there any mechanism to check whether sakai is actually communicating
with LDAP or not?
how can I see error messages when sakai authenticate the user from LDAP?

I have enabled the logging mode of DEBUG in tomcate5w.exe

I am using Windows Server 2003 active directory, and sakai version is 2.5.4.

*attached *is my "jldap-beans.xml" and ldap directory structure...

thanks,
Ishtiaq Ahmad

--
Regards,