[Deploying Sakai] Sakai Course Management

Jason Shao (CampusEAI Consortium) jason_shao at campuseai.org
Fri Nov 20 06:31:10 PST 2009

Paul,

You might want to look at the work in Sakora – while targeted at IMS’s LIS spec, the JMS based message approach might be a good fit for integration with a SIF zone server, similar to the way it was recently leveraged to allow flat-file uploads (in the short term, actually, you may want to look at that, though the file format is *really* close to Sakai’s internal model).

I for one thing SIF integration would be highly useful for Sakai in looking at K-12, possibly even Higher-Ed given the number of say teacher’s colleges that look to do work with various local schools. I wonder if this is something that Josh Baron (cc:d) might have thoughts on given his background and Marist’s involvement with K-12.

Jason