[Deploying Sakai] I found a DEMO version, is there a full version

Michael Korcuska mkorcuska at sakaifoundation.org
Thu Nov 12 06:50:51 PST 2009

The Demo version is no different in terms of features and functions
than the other versions available.  They are based on the same Sakai
code.
The differences are a matter of the production environment. From our
website.:

Demo: The Sakai Demo is a pre-built version of Sakai with Apache
Tomcat and a simple configuration, perfect for a quick and easy demo
of Sakai. The Sakai demo is NOT intended for large scale
implementations. It is suitable only for evaluating the software and
running small pilot implementations on a single server.

For example, in the demo version files are stored in the database and
not in the file system (not typical for production implementations)
and it doesn't use a production database (it uses an in-memory
database).

Sakai is always free and open source.

Michael