[Deploying Sakai] [Building Sakai] Trunk: ui package proposal

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 13:23:05 PST 2009

> For example, people who have changes
> to "independent" packages must deploy into a Maven repository in
> some way and that's a new semi-required step. Ditto for a
> required "independent" package like the K1 Kernel.

If you have local customisations to code that is now in one of the
packages (Common, Edu Services, et al) then you can simply check out
the source and patch in the usual fashion. I agree its a bit more work
and a number of sources have disappeared from a trunk checkout but for
most users is making things easier.

Once patched however, you don't need to deploy these updated artifacts
to a Maven repository (except your local one) for it to work. It's
just like the Kernel - you can patch the source locally, build and be
on your way with your updated Kernel artifacts. So there is no extra
step for deployment.

If you need to share source (we've been using mSub to manage this) you
could create a local shared Maven repository on a spare box in the
corner pretty quickly and push your artifacts there for other local
implementors to pull from.

regards,
Steve