[Deploying Sakai] Video Streaming in Sakai

Grossman,John E john.grossman at mdanderson.org
Mon Nov 2 11:21:11 PST 2009

We use Adobe Flash Media Server (FMS) for streaming video. It works well for us. To include streaming video in Sakai courses you just use links to the Flash server.

FMS isn’t free, but I would think this would be a more efficient solution than trying to publish video from Sakai/Tomcat. You would potentially use up a lot of your Sakai server i/o capacity serving media files.

We developed a custom, branded Flash video player to deliver the files from FMS. It incorporates some accessibility features. Here’s a sample:
http://www3.mdanderson.org/streams/MDACCFlvPlayer2.html?xml=marketing%2Fconfig%2FAug2008_ClinTrial_Doc_cfg

John

--
John Grossman