[Portfolio] Plan - from Mailman to Google groups
neal.caidin at apereo.org
Mon Feb 2 06:14:27 PST 2015
[all 21 Sakai lists that exist currently]
Movement of Sakai lists to Apereo Google Groups infrastructure.
All opinions are welcome and encouraged. A material objection raised by a
Sakai PMC member will block this proposal. Silence equals consent. Monday,
February 9, 2015 is the cutoff date for any objections.
- Communicate to lists to being merged or moved. Provide a date for when
move is happening.
- Create new Apereo Google groups and populate with members from Mailman
(collab lists). When combining multiple lists, populate with members from
all of the lists into the one list.
- Start using new Google group, turn off corresponding mailman list(s).
- Move old list archives to static web space.
- Repeat as needed for all lists until done.
*Proposed set of Apereo Google Groups*
sakai-openforum at apereo.org
sakai-user at apereo.org
sakai-production at apereo.org
sakai-core-team at apereo.org
sakai-dev at apereo.org
sakai-docs at apereo.org
sakai-pmc at apereo.org
sakai-qa at apereo.org
sakai-spanish at apereo.org
portfolio at apereo.org (no longer a sakai-specific list)
* pedagogy and sakai-user merging into sakai-user at apereo.org
* i18n (internationlization/localization) and a11y (accessibility) merging
into sakai-dev. Convention for users to add [i18n] and [a11y] in subject
line for filtering.
* evaluation and gradebook2-dev and samigo and sakai-mobile merging into
* infrastructure merging into sakai-core-team
* sakai-au - not being migrated.
* sakai-france - not being migrated
* builds - not being migrated
* ja-sakai - not being migrated
* eurosakai - not being migrated. Already have an Apereo Europe google
* source - not being migrated. Need to remove post commit hook from SVN.
*Lists not being migrated*
We will still move the old list archives to a static web presence, even for
lists not being migrated.
Will be variable based on lists, and communication with those
sub-communities. Intent is to get this done in the next couple of months,
by April/May timeframe for completion. Will start migration of lists during
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the portfolio