[Portfolio] REMINDER > Special Teaching and Learning Group Call TODAY

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Wed Mar 12 07:36:07 PDT 2014

Colleagues,

This is a reminder that we will be holding a "special meeting" of the
Teaching and Learning Group today, March 12, 2014, from 2 - 3 PM (1400 -
1500) Eastern Time.  Below is a draft agenda as well as links to dial-in
information and web sites that you may wish to access during our
discussion.

** IMPORTANT NOTE** > Please factor into your scheduling that the United
States moved onto Daylight Savings Time on Sunday, March 9th and we have
adjusted our clocks ahead by 1 hour (http://www.timeanddate.com/time/dst/
).

Dial-in information and a link to our Etherpad for note taking are at:
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PED/Sakai+Teaching+and+Learning+Conference+Calls

Please take a minute to list your name, institution and role at the top of
the Etherpad.

With regards to the call agenda, I would like to propose the following:

(1) Update and Overview of Current Teaching and Learning Group Activities

- Teaching with Sakai Innovation Award Program -
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/x/DArzB

- Teaching Capability Review Process -
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/x/QwzzB

- Vision for a "Next Generation" Sakai -
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/x/8QU_BQ

(2) Discussion and Q&A
- General questions and areas that need clarification
- Do those new to the group see value in these activities?  Is there
interest in contributing to these efforts?
- If so, what is the best process for working collaboratively on areas of
mutual interest?
- How might we engage with other groups within the Sakai community?

(3) Group Goals and Next Steps
- What goals would be useful to set between now and the June Open Apereo
Conference?
- Who would be interested in working on these?
- How might we work to pool resources needed to implement enhancements or
engage in longer-term projects?

Joshua Baron
Senior Academic Technology Officer
Marist College