[Portfolio] Sakai Teaching and Learning Call > Lessons Project

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Tue Jul 29 14:45:14 PDT 2014

Colleagues,

I hope all is well with everyone as we head into August!  Apologies for
not being available last week for our regular call, I had an unexpected
scheduling conflict arise.

As a reminder, we will be holding our weekly T&L Call tomorrow (Wednesday,
July 31st) from 2 - 3 PM Eastern Time.  Dial-in information and access to
Etherpad for notetaking is at:
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PED/Sakai+Teaching+and+Learning+Conference+Calls
.

With regards to the agenda for the call, I would like to suggest that we
dedicate time to discussing details associated with starting the Lessons
Enhancement Project work and start to plan our a timeline and benchmarks.
As some are aware, the partner organizations who are supporting the
project have now formed a "Steering Group" as well as a "Working Group"
and those on the Working Group will be joining the call this week as well
(many are regulars to the call).  The idea is that we can jointly discuss
plans for the project as well as discuss how to best coordinate between
the Working Group and the larger T&L Community.  I also have a few project
update to share.

For reference during the call, I have updated the Lessons Enhancement
Project page in the Sakai Confluence Wiki to reflect the current status of
the project and have documented some of the latest work.  I have also
created spaces for the Steering Group, Working Group and what I am
calling, for now, the Lessons Enhancement Community Initiative which is
how I'm referring to the larger community involvement in the project. This
page is at:
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PED/Lessons+Enhancement+Project
.

OK, talk with everyone tomorrow.