[Portfolio] Sakai Showcase Webinar "Self-paced learning and certificates with Sakai and Drupal" on Aug, . 27, 1:00 PM EDT

Wilma Hodges wilma at longsight.com
Thu Aug 14 06:21:13 PDT 2014

Please join us for this month's Sakai Showcase Webinar! Registration is
free and open to the public. We encourage you to forward this invitation to
colleagues who may also be interested in attending.

*"Self-paced learning and certificates with Sakai and Drupal" on Aug 27,
2014 1:00-2:00 PM EDT (10:00-11:00 AM PDT)*
*Please note the time change to 1:00 PM EDT. We have moved the monthly
webinar time earlier in the day to better accommodate international
attendees.*

Register for the event at:

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8190391118602243074

Presenter: Nicola Monat-Jacobs

Sakai was originally developed as a tool for traditional higher education
institutions where the students are guided through the course by a
professor or instructor (often an accompaniment to an in-person course).
However, Sakai use is expanding into other learning organizations and often
folks want to use it for other kinds of learning needs. These types of
courses include totally online and/or self-paced courses, professional
development and recertification, and personal enrichment. This presentation
will cover some of the challenges of accommodating these uses in Sakai and
a high-level overview of one approach Longsight has taken to integrate
Sakai with Drupal to accommodate next-gen learning challenges like
self-registration, payment, badges and certificates.

As the Senior Director, Learning Platforms & Services, Nicola Monat-Jacobs
works with Longsight's diverse client base to develop educational solutions
based on open source software like Sakai and Drupal. This includes
discovery, implementation, training and support. Nicola also coordinates
the Sakai Evaluation System working group.

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the webinar.

Also, if you missed any of our previous webinars, recordings are available
on YouTube:  https://www.youtube.com/SakaiCLE

Webinar series information is also available at:
http://www.longsight.com/learning-center/news-events

*Wilma Hodges*
Director of Training & eLearning Initiatives
Longsight
wilma at longsight.com
www.longsight.com