[Portfolio] Seeking Input > Format for Preliminary Enhancement List (T&L Capability Review Process)

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Thu Nov 21 11:46:11 PST 2013

Colleagues,

The Teaching and Learning Group is reaching out to get feedback from
developers, PMC members and the larger Sakai Community on some of the work
that has been done over the past few months.  We are hoping that folks can
take 10-15 minutes to review a draft document and post some comments
between now and December 2, 2013 regarding the format and process we are
following.

The group has been working to develop a PRELIMINARY list of enhancements
for Lessons/Lesson Builder that is called for in Phase One of the T&L
Capability Review Process. The idea, which was suggested by developers in
earlier feedback, is to create an "unfiltered" list early in our work of
any and all ideas the group has for enhancements as means to get initial
feedback from developers.  We hope this will allow the T&L group to become
aware of technical challenges, other related work that may be going on
already in the community and some understanding of resource needs to
implement the enhancement.

We have started to develop a Preliminary Enhancement List using a Google
Spreadsheet but are unsure if the information it contains or the format
will meet the needs of developers.  Thus, before we continue to work on
it, we wanted to pause and hear from developers directly.  We have set up
a page in Confluence (see below for URL) with some suggestion on how you
might review our work with the idea that you can post feedback via
comments on the page.

If you have any questions please let us know.  Also, if anyone would like
to set up a call to discuss our work in real time we would be happy to do
so.

Confluence Page for Feedback: https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/x/ngIsBQ

Joshua Baron
Senior Academic Technology Officer