[Portfolio] content disappearing in subpages

Ward, Lynn E. leward at iupui.edu
Thu Dec 20 13:00:47 PST 2012

We have experienced a problem that may or may not  be related.  If a user has more than one form open in the same browser (in different windows or tabs), the wrong form ID can be written to the database (depending on which form was saved most recently). So, it looks like data has been lost, but in reality, the user is seeing a different form instance when they attempt to access their content.  I tracked this problem down by going into the user's Portfolio Interactions folder and tracking down the saved form instances for that particular site and page.  If there are multiple instances, open each one to see if any contain the "lost" data.  If so, the form ID can be corrected in the DB.

Lynn
Lynn Ward, Principal Systems Analyst
Instructional Technology Systems and Services
University Information Technology Services<http://uits.iu.edu/>
Indiana University
Information Technology and Communications Complex (IT 342K)
535 West Michigan Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202
Phone: 317-278-5713  E-mail: leward at iupui.edu<mailto:leward at iupui.edu>