[Portfolio] Compiling Portfolio Matrix Elements into a Compiled Report

David McPherson dmcphers at vt.edu
Fri Aug 5 07:33:45 PDT 2011

Hi Mike,

Ok...I think the OSP reports tool will do what you need.  Right now, I don't have the code in a place where you can easily get to it.  I'm working on getting my committer access set up and then you should be able to simply check out the 2.7 version of the reports code.  You might be able to get the IU version, which is what I've been working on getting running.  It allows for the importing of reports while Sakai is running.  I think if you ask Chris Mauer he won't mind letting you have access to that.  You would have to modify the pom files to get it to build in Sakai 2.7 and there is one extra parameter on one method that you need to remove.  I can find that line and let you know what it is.

The next step would be learning how to write the reports.  That's what I'm working on now. Here's a link to the confluence information I'm using.  https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/OSPDOC/Writing+Reports+for+the+OSP+Reports+tool  I think there might be some sample reports linked off of there.

Let me know if you get stuck or if you want to bounce some ideas around.

Dave
--
David McPherson
dmcphers at vt.edu