[Portfolio] REMINDER > "Whole Group" T&L Call Today at 5 PM EDT

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Wed Sep 8 09:30:40 PDT 2010

Folks,

As a reminder, we will be holding our "whole group" monthly call today at
5 PM EDT (dial-in information is below).  Just to avoid confusion, this is
a different call then the "Quarterly Update" session that we will be doing
tomorrow (Thursday, 9/9) for the larger community that Kim Thanos has
recently announced.

I would like to suggest that we continue the general format that we've
been using for this "whole group" call and spend the time hearing from
each of the sub-committees as to the work they've been engaged in, the
objective's the are working towards and areas that they want feedback on
from the larger group (please start to think about this last piece and
have some questions ready for the group to provide feedback on).

I'd like to add to this that we also plan to have each group briefly
outline what you would like to highlight during the Quarterly Update
session on Thursday.  We'll be using a web conferencing system (rSmart was
happy to provide use of theirs and some support for it) so we can show
some slides which I think would be useful for those participating.  I'd
suggest 2-3 slides at most per group with time for Q&A.  We can discuss
more of the logistics for Thursday when we get on the phone later today.

Given the additional agenda item, I'd also suggest that we try and keep
each group update to 5 minutes or so with time for feedback so that we
have time to also discuss the logistics for Thursday.

Thanks, Josh

Calls are currently taking place at 5 PM EDT (New York, USA).  To
participate:

    * Dial 1-888-447-7153  (International callers: 1-719-387-1138
    * Enter in passcode: 917798 (the hit #)
    * Listen to music until "moderator" starts the call
    * Need help? Call tech support at 1-877-807-0970

Joshua Baron
Director, Academic Technology and eLearning
Marist College
Poughkeepsie, New York  12601
(845) 575-3623 (work)
Twitter: JoshBaron