[Portfolio] Reminder > TIME CHANGE for Teaching and Learning Call TODAY

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Wed Jun 23 08:40:15 PDT 2010

Colleagues,

This is follow up to my e-mail on Monday regarding the Sakai Teaching and
Learning Call today.  We will be CHANGING THE TIME from our usual call to
5 PM EDT (21:00 UCT, 2 PM local time in Los Angeles and 7 AM, Thursday,
local time in Sydney, AU) so that those outside the US can more easily
participate.  Dial-in information is below.  I do recognize that this time
is not ideal for all and thus we will be talking on the call about how to
best ensure that everyone can contribute regardless of their location.

I have posted a draft agenda to the Teaching and Learning Confluence site
which can be accessed at: http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PED
If you scroll down you'll see a link under the "Agendas, Minutes, and
Notes..." section to today's call.  Click on that link to see the agenda.
Please feel free to add to it.

Based on the list traffic this week and numerous discussions at the
conference, there are appear to be a fairly significant number of ideas
and interests with regards to work the group might engage on.  This is
awesome to see and very exciting given the efforts over the past few years
to grow the teaching and learning "voice" within the community.  This
said, my feeling is that it will be important for us to narrow down our
focus to a few core "centers of gravity" that those involved are interest
and passionate about and to then decide how we should engage around these
centers.  Thus, I'd like to suggest (but others can counter) that we
dedicate the next few calls to identifying core "centers of gravity" and
processes for working on these over the coming academic year.

For this first call, my interest is to identify all of the issues and
interest areas that have come out of the conference, who is interested in
working on these and some of the next steps to move them forward.  Again,
if others have additional suggestions for how we should use the time today
please share them.

Thanks, Josh

Call in information for the call today:

   * Dial 1-888-447-7153 (International callers outside the US or Canada:
1-719-387-1138)
   * Enter in passcode: 917798 (the hit #)
   * Listen to music until "moderator" starts the call
   * Need help? Call tech support at 1-877-807-0970

Joshua Baron
Director, Academic Technology and eLearning
Marist College
Poughkeepsie, New York  12601
(845) 575-3623 (work)
Twitter: JoshBaron