[Portfolio] Sakai Conference and Learning Capabilities v1.0 Release

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Wed Jun 9 07:31:24 PDT 2010

Colleagues,

Yesterday, David Goodrum announced the v1.0 release of the Sakai Learning
Capabilities document that the Teaching and Learning Group (which has
included representation from the Portfolio and UX Groups) has been working
on over the past year (rather intensively).  This document, which flowed
from conversations at the 2009 conference, includes a series of what are
being called "Design Lenses and Facets" which we (the T&L Group) hope will
contribute to the vision for Sakai 3 and be used in the design and
development work related to this initiative.

The T&L Group would like to use the upcoming Denver conference as a time
to discuss this work with a broad and diverse cross section of the
community as means to get input on them and identify ways in which the
materials, as well as the T&L group itself, can be of most help to those
engaged in future design and development efforts.  Below are several
opportunities at the conference for folks to learn more and talk with the
T&L group about this initiative.

We would love to talk with and hear from as many people as possible!

Josh

Wednesday, June 16th (6 PM - 8 PM) Tech Demos (Grand Mesa)

Thursday, June 17th (1 PM - 2:35 PM) Teaching and Learning Design Lenses
for Sakai 3 (Highlands)

BOF (TBD) - We will be scheduling a T&L BOF once we are at the conference,
watch the "big board" for details.

Thursday Afternoon (3 PM - ???) Informal Teaching and Learning Gathering
(TBD) - The T&L group is tentatively planning to gather informally after
the Thursday session to chat about next steps, details provided at the end
of our presentation.

Joshua Baron
Director, Academic Technology and eLearning
Marist College
Poughkeepsie, New York  12601
(845) 575-3623 (work)
Twitter: JoshBaron