[Portfolio] Today's T&L Call

David Goodrum davidgoodrum at rocketmail.com
Wed Jun 2 07:04:15 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm assuming we'll have a call today using the same setup as before.

Last week we did cover the product council's response to the learning capabilities work, reviewed Janice's latest additions, and discussed suggestions from CSU. These discussion led to some changes in the spreadsheet under the 7 Design Lenses tab in the current active document: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AjIoMUKqszF_dDBvdFV0bFUyZUdvV3RkQWlYeHE5dWc&hl=en

The lens "Online Learning Space Design" was retitled "Learning and Teaching Management" for greater simplicity.

The facets explicitly related to portfolios (Portfolio Design -- in Learning and Teaching Management; and Portfolio Processes -- in Learning Activities) had adjustments to their language.

In the lens Content Creation & Use, a new facet was added entitle Reusing, which emphasizes the users' ability to make both same function and new-life reuse of their content.

We also need to assign an open source license to the document. I'm a bit new to this, so wonder if CC BY SA (Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 International License) for a document entitled Sakai Capabilities attributed to the Sakai Teaching & Learning Community.

I'd like to suggest that in the call today, we could make an official designation of a Version 1.0 of the document.  This would provide at least ten days before the project coordination meetings and the annual conference for the larger community to become familiar with the document, generate interest, and map against goals and direction for Sakai 3 design and development.  We would put the text in Confluence and attach snapshops of the v1 document and concept map in PDF format.

Regards - David