[Portfolio] Grouped Elements and Custom Creation Renderer

Christian Aziz caziz at oit.rutgers.edu
Thu Jul 15 06:59:25 PDT 2010

Greetings all,

We're in the process of modifying a resume form for one of our departments and need a little guidance. I'm attempting to get a set of elements grouped so that when a user clicks on an icon, they'll be presented with a duplicate set of those elements. I'm going about this by trying to apply the 'maxOccurs="unbounded"' attribute to the container element in hopes that it would mimic the behavior for individual text fields. For example:

Education (+)

Institution
City/State of Institution
Degree
Date of Degree
Major
Minor
GPA

It doesn't produce the intended results and I'm not sure if this is the right way to go about doing this. I'm familiar with containing elements in <xs:sequence> which would produce a subgroup of elements by clicking 'Add'. However, we want to make it as user-friendly as possible. Has this been done?

Since we're using a custom creation renderer, the second part of this would be to call the element by the following. Would this change depending on the approach taken for the first part?

<xsl:apply-templates select="formData/artifact/schema/element/children/element[@name='education']">
<xsl:with-param name="currentParent" select="formData/artifact/structuredData/*"/>
<xsl:with-param name="rootNode" select="'true'"/>

</xsl:apply-templates>

Best regards,
Christian

Christian V. Aziz - Senior Instructional Designer

Office of Instructional and Research Technology

101K Administrative Services Building Annex 1
56 Bevier Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854
Tel: 732-445- 8732 | Fax: 732-445-5539