[Portfolio] HTML5 and XSLT

hongbo zhang hbzhang at vt.edu
Tue Jul 13 15:25:00 PDT 2010

Very recently, I am working on a portfolio. I would like to share some
experiences of using hTML5 trick in XSLT.

If you want to use some HTML5 functions in your portfolio, e.g. video, CSS3,
SVG, microdata, webworkers etc, you might can try to add the following code:

Comment

    <!-- <xsl:output method="html"
doctype-system="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"
doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"/> -->

Replace it with this:

    <xsl:output method="html"
        omit-xml-declaration="yes"
        media-type="text/html"
        encoding="utf-8"
        doctype-system="about:legacy-compat" />

Then you likely get validated HTML5 format.

I attach the template. The demo portfolio is available here.

http://bit.ly/9TZMrC

Thanks

Hongbo