[Portfolio] Agenda for This Week's T&L Call (Wed., July 7)

Ward, Lynn E. leward at iupui.edu
Tue Jul 6 03:42:20 PDT 2010

[Apologies...the date in the subject line was incorrect in my previous message. ]

Greetings all:

The agenda for this week is up on confluence at: http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PED/07-07-10+Conference+Call.   Please feel free to add items to the agenda before the meeting.

PREPARING FOR THIS WEEK'S MEETING:
There are several things you can do to prepare for the meeting:

*         The first topic on the agenda is internal and external communications.  Please give some thought to the following questions before the meeting: How can the work of our subgroups move forward in a way that keeps the entire T&L  and broader Sakai communities informed without overwhelming everyone with the details?  Should we create separate mailing lists for each subgroup and then use the T&L list for reporting out and calls for participation?  How frequently should the entire T&L group meet?  Weekly? Monthly? Bimonthly?  How should we address the challenges (long distance costs and logistics) of working in different time zones? Should we try to identify a lead facilitator for each subgroup or let the process evolve organically?

*         A separate brainstorming page has been posted for each area of interest/initiative that has been identified thus far and there's a signup list at the bottom of each page.    If you haven't already, please add your name to the initiatives to which you personally would like to devote time over the coming 6-12 months.  The links below will take you directly to each brainstorming page:

o   Improving internal and external communications:
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PED/Communications+Brainstorming

o   T&L Design Lenses:
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PED/Design+Lenses+Brainstorming+Page

o   Distance Learning:
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PED/Distance+Learning+Subgroup+Brainstorming

o   Teaching with Sakai Innovation Award:
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PED/TWSIA+2011+Brainstorming

o   Improving the OpenedPractices site (http://openedpractices.org/):
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PED/Open+Ed+Practices+Brainstorming

o   Bringing Students into the Sakai Community:
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PED/Student+Engagement+Brainstorming

*         For each topic on our agenda, please review the corresponding brainstorming page and add your thoughts.
The call will take place Wednesday at 5 PM ET (New York, USA).  To participate:

    * Dial 1-888-447-7153 (International callers: 1-719-387-1138)
    * Enter in passcode: 917798 (the hit #)
    * Listen to music until "moderator" starts the call
    * Need help? Call tech support at 1-877-807-0970

If you have any questions or concerns beforehand, feel free to contact me.