[Portfolio] Information for the Sakai Learning Capabilities Virtual Working Session

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Thu Feb 4 06:43:03 PST 2010

Greetings everyone,

Below is IMPORTANT information on how to register and participate in the
Sakai Learning Capabilities Virtual Working Session that is scheduled for
today (2/4) and tomorrow from 12 Noon EST to 7 PM EST.  As means to keep
this message as brief as possible, I am not including details on the
agenda, initial activity, etc. as this information will be shared and
discussed at the start of our session.  We will also spend a few minutes
answering any questions and making sure that those new to these
discussions are comfortable with the tasks at hand.

(1) REGISTRATION INFO > You must register to participate in the session
today.  You can do so be going to:
http://marist.ilinc.com/public/administrator and registering for the
"Sakai Learning Capabilities Virtual Working Session".  Once you register
you will receive an e-mail with instructions on joining both the web as
well as audio conference.  You will need to register even if you
participate in the "ramp up" meeting yesterday.

(2) Google Accounts > We will be using Google Docs during parts of the
working session and thus you will need to have an active Google Account to
fully participate.  If you do not have an account, you can sign up for
free at: http://www.google.com/accounts

(3) Sakai 3 Design Site > Last week Clay Fenlason shared with the group a
new web site that he and Sam Peck (Sakai 3 designer) have just set up to
help communicate out their current thoughts on the design effort.  The
site is at: http://www.sakaiuxframework.com/.  Although not vital, it
would be useful if folks were able to review the site a bit before we meet
today.

(4) Uploading You Picture > When you sign into the iLinc web conferencing
system you will have the option of uploading a picture in your Profile
area.  If you can, this would be nice to do as it will allow us to all
"see" each other as we're working online.

Finally, since several folks have asked this question this morning, I'll
note with everyone that if you cannot participate for the entire time
allotted that is fine and we would encourage you to join for the time you
can.  This said, if you need to "come and go" during the two days you may
find that the group you're working in won't have the time to catch you up
and thus you may need to be more of an observer than active contributor.

See everyone online in a few hours!

Josh

Joshua Baron
Director, Academic Technology and eLearning
Marist College
Poughkeepsie, New York  12601
(845) 575-3623 (work)
Twitter: JoshBaron