[Portfolio] Create Form "Display Name"

Sean Keesler sean.keesler at threecanoes.com
Wed Dec 22 13:31:49 PST 2010

My snippet to get rid of it was:

<xsl:template match="formView">

                        <xsl:variable name="displayName">
                                <xsl:choose>
                                        <xsl:when
test="formData/artifact/metaData/displayName = 'filefile'">
                                                <xsl:text></xsl:text>
                                        </xsl:when>
                                        <xsl:otherwise>
                                                <xsl:value-of
select="formData/artifact/metaData/displayName" />
                                        </xsl:otherwise>
                                </xsl:choose>
                        </xsl:variable>

and then....

                                        <!--<xsl:value-of
select="formData/artifact/metaData/displayName" />-->
<xsl:when test="$subForm = 'true'">
                                <h4>
                                        <!--<xsl:value-of
select="formData/artifact/metaData/displayName" />-->
                                        <xsl:value-of select="$displayName"
/>
                                </h4>
                            </xsl:when>
                            <xsl:when test="$fromResources = 'true' and
$edit = 'true'">
                                <h4>
                                        <!--<xsl:value-of
select="formData/artifact/metaData/displayName" />-->
                                        <xsl:value-of select="$displayName"
/>
                                </h4>
                                <input type="hidden" id="displayName"
name="displayName" maxlength="1024">
                                    <xsl:attribute name="value">
                                        <!--<xsl:value-of
select="formData/artifact/metaData/displayName" />-->
                                        <xsl:value-of select="$displayName"
/>
                                    </xsl:attribute>
                                </input>
                            </xsl:when>

I guess that precludes name your form instance 'filefile'.

I'll buy a cold beverage if you make the default name of a form an empty
string!

Sean