[Portfolio] The Metaobj Resource Helper

mizematr at notes.udayton.edu mizematr at notes.udayton.edu
Thu Apr 29 11:40:30 PDT 2010

I just found out about iRubric today, and while I really like the tool,
our faculty don't like the workflow of having to leave the assignments
tool to complete the rubric.

Plus, by tying the metaobj tool to assignments, faculty could use any type
of form they might want to grade an assignment, whereas iRubric seems to
be limited to the kind of table layout rubrics.
Matt Mize, Systems Administrator
 - Pay no attention to the man in the back office....
Matt.Mize at notes.udayton.edu
(937) 229-1024

UDit Department, University of Dayton
300 College Park, Dayton, OH, 45469-1302

Sean Keesler <sean.keesler at threecanoes.com>
Sent by: sean at keesler.org
04/29/10 02:19 PM

mizematr at notes.udayton.edu
cc
Sakai OSP <portfolio at collab.sakaiproject.org>
Subject
Re: [Portfolio] The Metaobj Resource Helper

Not really going to be helpful with the "helper" part...

I think you might want to take a look at iRubric...
http://www.rcampus.com/sakai/

...which sounds like something similar to what you are describing.

BUT

if you want to follow the metaobj approach, there is a pretty good set
of rubric forms (schema and renderers) for you to look at in the
openpractices lib for you to play with:
http://openedpractices.org/resource/aacu-essential-learning-outcomes-matrix-and-value-rubrics

Sean Keesler
130 Academy Street
Manlius, NY 13104
315-682-0830
sean.keesler at threecanoes.com

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 1:58 PM,  <mizematr at notes.udayton.edu> wrote:

> I have a question about possibly using the metaobj resource helper in a
> slightly new and different way.  Basically, our faculty are looking to
fill
> out a rubric form when grading an assignment for accreditation purposes.
 My