[Portfolio] OSP Performance issues

Mark Breuker mbreuker at loi.nl
Wed Apr 21 03:30:09 PDT 2010

Hi all,

We are having some serious performance issues with the matrix tool in Sakai 2.5.3.

We have quite a big matrix of 6 colums by 16 rows. There are 75 users in the worksite (provided from LDAP). When an administrator tries to edit the matrix structure (scaffolding) it takes more than 5 minutes to load the edit page (often the page just times out). So its pretty much unworkable :(

We observed a lot of queries going to our Oracle database.

Has anyone experienced similar problems? We have some developer resources to work on a fix for this but I would like to know if a fix already exists beforehand :)

Thanks,

Mark Breuker
Leidse Onderwijsinstellingen