[Portfolio] Note on Today's Sakai Teaching and Learning Call

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Wed Oct 28 08:28:52 PDT 2009

Folks,

Although our regular 12 Noon EDT call will be taking place today (see
call-in information below), I have had a last minute scheduling conflict
arise as I've been asked to attend an important faculty committee meeting
(ironically to discuss Sakai) which I can't miss.

Below is a link to the Google Spreadsheet which was started by David
Goodrum and which we discussed with Clay Fenlason last week.  The
spreadsheet contains the beginning effort to map out a "simple learning
environment" which, as we discussed last week, seems like a good place for
us to cut our teeth on trying to "attack" the "instructional visioning"
challenge from at least one direction.  The data that is there now is
rather "raw" and also needs to be clumped into themes but it represents a
solid start that we can build on.

For those who can participate this week it would be great if you could
spend time looking at the spreadsheet and either adding to it or
discussing how we might begin this work.  If someone could take minutes
and post them to confluence following the call I would greatly appreciate
it.

My apologies for the last minute change in my schedule.  I'll be at
EDUCAUSE next week but plan to participate in the call from there.

Thanks, Josh
p.s. I'll post another note before the end of the week about informally
meeting up at EDUCAUSE for those who are attending and interested.

GOOGLE SPREADSHEET:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AlfbHxo2qpHEdHRuSnowVGMwWE9HY1MtVjFpY1dtS0E&hl=en
(note that it is open to the public).

Calls are currently taking place every Wednesday at 12:00 Noon ET (New
York, USA).  To participate:

    * Dial 1-888-447-7153 (International callers: 1-719-387-1138)
    * Enter in passcode: 917798 (the hit #)
    * Listen to music until "moderator" starts the call
    * Need help? Call tech support at 1-877-807-0970

Joshua Baron
Director, Academic Technology and eLearning
Marist College
Poughkeepsie, New York  12601
(845) 575-3623 (work)
Twitter: JoshBaron