[Portfolio] Access to portfolios beyond graduation

Sean DeMonner demonner at umich.edu
Thu Nov 19 17:16:04 PST 2009

U-M uses Cosign/Kerberos for authentication and access provisioning
(not LDAP). Student accounts, called "uniqnames" do not expire upon
graduation, so as long as someone doesn't actively change the sites/
services that a former student/new alum has access to at graduation,
those access privileges remain intact indefinitely.

SMD

On Nov 19, 2009, at 7:21 PM, Susan Roig wrote:

> If sign on is authenticated through LDAP and the student is removed
> after graduation how does graduate log in?

SMD.

Sean DeMonner, IT Senior Project Manager, CTools Implementation Group
Digital Media Commons @ The Duderstadt Center, U-M      (734) 615-9765
Pub Key 24DD6B09