[Portfolio] NOTE > Today's Sakai Teaching and Learning Call

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Wed Nov 4 08:53:22 PST 2009

Folks,

Just wanted to touch base regarding our weekly call that is scheduled to
begin shortly (12 Noon EDT, call in information is below).

I'm currently in Denver at the EDUCAUSE conference but do plan to activate
and participate in the call as I'm very interested to hear from folks as
to the work that has been going on over the last week or so in the Google
spreadsheet (see below for link).  Unfortunately, I've gotten myself a bit
over committed here so I'll likely need to leave the call after the first
half hour but I've arranged to have the call continue so everyone can keep
talking.

Also, if you have not seen it yet you may want to read Clay's posting from
yesterday as he is encouraging us keep our focus on "user goals" rather
than feature requests.  I know that I struggle with this myself but agree
that it is the right focus.  We may want to discuss this a bit today.

Finally, an apology to folks who are at EDUCAUSE as I was not able to find
a time when T&L interested folks could easily get together (in part
because of my crazy schedule here).  This said, I am hoping to see
everyone at the Open Source Reception scheduled for later this evening and
would love to chat about our work.  Please don't hesitate to come up to me
to introduce yourself if we've not met in person before.

Thanks, Josh

Calls are currently taking place every Wednesday at 12:00 Noon ET (New
York, USA).  To participate:
Dial 1-888-447-7153 (International callers: 1-719-387-1138)
Enter in passcode: 917798 (the hit #)
Listen to music until "moderator" starts the call
Need help? Call tech support at 1-877-807-0970

Joshua Baron
Director, Academic Technology and eLearning
Marist College
Poughkeepsie, New York  12601
(845) 575-3623 (work)
Twitter: JoshBaron