[Portfolio] Slow-downs

Noah Botimer botimer at umich.edu
Wed May 20 13:03:47 PDT 2009

Learners don't, typically. Anyone who owns a form definition needs to
be able to, though (updating schemas). This is also relevant to
reporting capabilities.

To be more specific, I'm not saying that finding in My Workspace
isn't appropriate to nominal use. I'm saying that we should avoid the
redefinition of the technical problem/capability to minimize one
variable. The problem here is that the mechanism for finding forms
has gross scale problems in multiple dimensions. We're examining a
couple of rather simple strategies that address them all and don't
change the behavior. My base metric is that the user should see the
portfolio screens in no more than 3 seconds, and I think that is
readily achievable at scale.

Thanks,
-Noah