[Portfolio] Portfolio tool QA scripts

Sean Keesler sean at keesler.org
Wed May 20 07:08:51 PDT 2009

I see that there is not a QA script for the portfolio tool here:
http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/QA/New+Test+Plans

It seems to me that a good QA plan would need to test the interplay
between the templates tool and the portfolio tool.

In general:
 - a template author should be able to add each type of content to a
template that uses a passthrough stylesheet
 - the portfolio author should be able to add each type of content to
the portfolio
 - the portfolio tool should assemble a correct XML document that
represents all of the content in the portfolio

How would you guide a QA tester through the process of verifying that
the XML document is correct?
There is no set schema that they could validate it against. Has anyone
come up with a good way to do that or have suggestions?

Sean