[Portfolio] SAK-16536 freeform madness

Beth Kirschner bkirschn at umich.edu
Tue Jun 30 12:32:34 PDT 2009

Taking out the doctype tag and strict dtds seems like the simpler
approach -- this is what I did with an application that uses FOP to
transform xhtml to other formats. I don't think this has any affect on
the doctype on the final rendered page (but this should definitely be
verified, per Noah's concern). On the other hand, Chris has an
approach that uses a local DTD tested and ready to go. I'd worry a
little about the DTD becoming out-of-date, but that's about the only
problem I could think of.

John, do you have a patch ready to go? If not, I'd suggest we go with
Chris' patch.

- Beth