[Portfolio] Congratulations to Noah Botimer on his new membership on the Sakai Product Council!

Darren Cambridge dcambrid at gmu.edu
Thu Jun 4 11:50:08 PDT 2009

Congratulations to Jan, Noah, and John. While I've had to step away from
working actively to Sakai and OSP over the last 18 months to deal with
the unpleasant business of getting tenure, I'm glad to hear the project
is recognizing the talent within our community and am excited about the
possibilities of supporting eportfolio composition and use in Sakai 3,
to which I hope to contribute as soon as I'm free to get back to more
meaningful work.

Darren

janice.smith wrote:
> Dear OSP Community
>
> Let's hear a round of congratulations from the OSP community for our own
> Noah Botimer on his appointment to the Sakai Product Council! Noah has
> offered consistent creativity, talent, and inspiration to our community
> on both technical and functional matters. We know him as a collaborative
> and caring community member and one that will represent OSP needs
> intelligently and creatively in his new role on the Product Council. I
> am excited about the chance to work with Noah in diagloging with the
> larger Sakai community about the core portfolio functions we hope to see
> in Sakai 3.0.
>
> Congratulations also to all the new Product Council members, especially
> Nate Angell and John Lewis, both of whom have offered continuing support
> for portfolio functionality in Sakai. The OSP community looks forward to
> working w >
> Janice A. Smith, Ph.D.
> 2009 Sakai Fellow
> Three Canoes Consulting
> 1204 Laurel Avenue
> Saint Paul, Minnesota 55104, USA
> 651-642-9069
> 207-841-6262 (cell)
> janice.smith at threecanoes.com <mailto:janice.smith at threecanoes.com>
> jasmith at mm.com <mailto:jasmith at mm.com>
>
> Subject: [Announcements] Sakai Product Council
> From: Michael Korcuska <mkorcuska at sakaifoundation.org
> <mailto:mkorcuska at sakaifoundation.org>>
> Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 19:25:36 +0200
> To: Sakai Announcements <announcements at collab.sakaiproject.org
> <mailto:announcements at collab.sakaiproject.org>>,
>     Sakai-Dev Developers <sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org
> <mailto:sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org>>
>
> ------------------------- Contents -------------------------
>
> The Sakai Foundation is pleased to announce the formation and
> membership of a Product Council to ensure exceptional quality and
> cohesiveness of Sakai product releases in support of varied teaching,
> research and collaboration needs. The formation of the Product Council
> is the result of over 5 years of success and learning of the Sakai
> community in effectively developing community source software that
> enhances learning, research and institutional effectiveness.
>
> The Product Council has two important roles: determining which
> components will be included as part of e
> informally advising projects as they progress from R&D to production-
> ready maturity. As a community-developed open source project,
> components of each product release are contributed from many different
> institutions, companies and individuals. The Product Council is the
> coordinating body for each release, and will work to assure the
> product's evolution continues to meet the needs of the educational
> community in terms of functionality, production worthiness, and
> usability.
>
> More information about the Council structure may be found on the Sakai
> [...]

Darren Cambridge
Assistant Professor of Internet Studies and Information Literacy
New Century College
Affiliate Faculty, Higher Education Program
George Mason University
4400 University Drive, Fairfax, VA 22030-4444
+1 (202) 270-5224 (mobile)
+1 (703) 993-1439 (fax)
http://ncepr.org/darren/