[Portfolio] Sakai T&L Call and an Update

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Fri Jul 31 15:36:31 PDT 2009

Folks,

I wanted to note with those who participate in the regular weekly Sakai
Teaching and Learning call that I will be away on a family vacation for
the next two weeks and thus unavailable for the call.  Obviously, this
should not stop everyone from getting on the call and discussing topics of
interest.  I just wanted to explain my absence.

In addition, I also wanted to note that I participated in the OSP call
this week and had what I felt was a very productive discussion regarding
the possibility of some joint work between these two groups around this
concept of "functional visioning" (i.e. new requirements gathering
process).  As many know, the OSP group has been doing this type of work
for awhile and has developed a methodology that I think could work well
for a broader process.  Because of everyone's schedules at this time of
the year and the upcoming Fall semester (for those of us in North
America), we decided to not try and launch anything new now but will focus
on engaging in early September.  I hope that those of you who have been
regularly participating in the teaching and learning calls will consider
getting involved.

Thanks and I'll catch up with everyone in a couple of weeks.

Josh

Joshua Baron
Director, Academic Technology and eLearning
Marist College
Poughkeepsie, New York  12601
(845) 575-3623 (work)
Twitter: JoshBaron